I started playing Rocksteady Studio’s Arkham Asylum, via the Return to Arkham Collection on the PlayStation 4. Arkham Asylum was originally released on the PlayStation 3 back in 2009. Here are some of my thoughts while playing the game (spoilers).
- Intro: The game opens up with Batman escorting the Joker through Arkham Asylum because he feels that something was off by how easy the Joker gave up. Throughout the walk the Joker taunts Batman and the guards. The whole opening sequence was very cool in my opinion.
- Killer Croc: While escorting the Joker through the asylum you come across Killer Croc being moved to a different area of the asylum and man does he look awesome–and very, very intimidating as he towers over everyone.
- Zaza: I think it’s cool that they introduce some of the combat mechanisms to you via a lesser villain, such as Zaza.
- Detective Mode: I really like how you go into detective mode to investigate scenes and clues, but I also found myself using quite extensively even outside of it to keep track of enemies. It has a really Predator-like feel to it when you track skeletons.
- Freak Outs: I love how the enemies start becoming more freaked out as you pick them off one by one and will start jumping at noises and shooting at nothing.
- Gotham: It’s cool once you able to get to the Arkham grounds and you can see Gotham City shimmering in the distance, a nice touch.
Early Impression: 9.0/10.0
Trophies Earned (9/48): “Shocking Rescue;” “Leave No Man Behind;” “Malpractice Needs More Practice;” “Born Free;” “Just What the Doctor Ordered.” “Freeflow Combo 5;” “Freeflow Combo 10;” “Arkham Analyst;” and “Cryptic Investigator”